Santa Clarita Permits

There are five types of permits available from Building and Safety for a construction project. They are:
  • Building Permit
  • Mechanical Permit
  • Electrical Permit
  • Plumbing Permit
  • Sewer Permit


The following ePermits can be applied for online: Dumpster Encroachment Permit, Electrical Panel Upgrade, and Water heater change-out, at the following web address:

Small Projects

Permits currently available online through City of Santa Clarita Development Center ePermits:
  • Dumpster Encroachment Permit
  • Electrical Panel Upgrade (200 amp max)
  • Water heater change-out

Do I need a permit?

The California Building Code states in "Appendix Chapter 1, Section 105 - Permits":
"Any owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by this code, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the building official and obtain the required permit."


Peddler/Solicitor Permits
The City of Santa Clarita requires every person either employing or contracting with one or more individuals to have such individuals solicit the retail sale of any goods, wares, merchandise or services for future delivery may obtain a principal's solicitor permit in the amount set forth by the City of Santa Clarita.

Business License
All applications for business licenses and peddler/ solicitor permits are handled by the Los Angeles County Treasurer Tax Collector's business license division.
The business license office is located at 23757 W. Valencia Blvd. within the County Civic Center. Office hours are Monday and Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Closed for lunch between 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.


posted Jul. 27th, 2016 - 7:07pm
AL J says:
i want to do a panel upgrade for my sisters house, do i need a license to do the work, or can she pull a home owners permit

posted Feb. 10th, 2016 - 9:11pm
Rod says:
I want to pour cement sidewalks around my house. Do I need a permit? If so what type.

posted Jul. 2nd, 2015 - 5:57pm
Cris says:
I want to have 5th birthday party for my child & close the block for a few hours. What kind of permit will I need for that? I do not see it online

posted Mar. 9th, 2015 - 4:00pm
S. Roberts says:
I have a wood fence fall over because of age, it is over 40 years old.
I want to have a new fence replace the old one but this time we will use block wall installed by a professional block wall company here in Saugus.
Will this require a permit of some kind?

Add a Comment:

Comment By:

Your Comments:

© 2016. All rights reserved. / Kosmin Media Group, Santa Clarita, CA 91355. Phone: (661) 621-2072
Not affiliated with the City of Santa Clarita government.   Community Agreement  |  Privacy Policy  |  Contact Us  |  Mobile Version
Kosmin Media