No Business Solicitations
Classifieds Rule: No Business Solicitations in the Classifieds.
What is a business solicitation:
A "business solicitation" is any offer to the general public to provide a service in exchange for money. This could include: lawn mowing services, nanny services, dog walkers, handy man services, etc. It also includes the advertisement of products you've built or created to sell to the public, or items you are reselling from a wholesaler at a profit.
"But I'm just an individual working out of my home!"
Even if you are working alone and from home -- if you are creating products to sell for profit, or if you are offering services to the general public for profit, your classified ad is considered a "business solicitation," and may be rejected.
"But so-and-so is doing the same thing!..."
Send us a link -- occasionally ads that break the rules fall through the cracks, but this doesn't mean it's OK to break the "No Business Solicitations" rule.
Example of titles of actual rejected classified ads / business solicitations: (Not Allowed)
- "Summer Child Care for School Aged Children"
- "Full time baby sitter in my Kingwood home"
- "Fiberglass Boat Repair - Call us today!"
- "AROMATHERAPY SWISS NATURAL PRODUCTS"
- "Wholesale Hair Bows supplier to the Public!"
- "Be your own boss REALLY!"
- "Residential and Commercial Cleaning"